Love peeling lead paint? Of course you do, who doesn't? Love the possibility of stirring up asbestos dust? Just tell me you don't. Here is a piece of 1920's Berlin, a large Telephone and Mail Exchange, according to the old guy I met inside the place. I saw him walk up to the fence and duck under, so I thought, shit, when in Berlin. After a quick chat about the place, we parted ways to explore on our own. Not much of interest was left in terms of equipment, but there wasn't too much vandalism, except for the lack of windows. I don't know if the place had been hit during the war, or if it had been fixed up since and then abandoned. I suspect the latter, given the lack of bullet damage, the surrounding areas buildings that haven't been fixed up have quite a lot of holes in them, including the grave yard over the road. I went there yesterday, but I went back this morning, no camera, just taking in the place. Enough bullshit, look at the photos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
With the green of the trees, the inscription on the buildings south-east wall is hidden. It reads "Post- und Fernmeldeausbildungsamt", which is a vocational school of former postal and telecommunication service. There has been a front-facing house, which hasn't been rebuilt after WW2. The terrace facing east gives a great view over Berlins most secret building site, the henceforth headquarter of Germanys Federal Intelligence Service (BND).
Post a Comment